1998 60hp 4 stroke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1998 60hp 4 stroke

I have owned this boat for about a year. It sat for a while before I got it so I put it in the shop to get it running proper and when I got it back it did just that. I took it out close to 15 times then it left me stranded which after some research I found out that my fuel pump was bad. I replaced it and it started right up and idled perfect. Once I got on the water it ran fine until 3000-3500rpm then it would run rough until I dropped the rpm. It wouldn’t get over 3000-3500rpm. I changed the water separator, the plastic fuel filter, and spark plugs. I also cleaned the injectors. Now it runs great until 3500rpm then does the same thing, but if I give it more throttle it will hit 5000rpm now and seems to run fine at the higher rpm also. Any idea why it would still bog down around that 3500rpm mark? I would like to note that I have never used the neutral to rev the engine until it left me stranded and I was spraying starter fluid to try to get it running again. It always started right up and currently does again after replacing the fuel pump.

i had a similar problem that the good folks here helped me with. Had me replace the fuel line connector off the tank and the one going into the motor. Both were clogged with white gunk. Then ran a can of sea foam in a one and a half gallon can filled the rest of the way with gas straight to the motor. All was well after wards. good luck.

Comment

Working...
    X