Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 DF9.9A to DF15 or DF20

Hi all,

I’ve been involved with the mid 90’s OMC motors from 10hp to 15’s with just a carb change.

However, Suzukis are new to me. I’ve heard the latest 9.9 can be upped to a 20 with just an ECU and few other parts.

Can my DF9.9A do something similar?

Thanks!

Any decent engine tuner can search out a DF20a map and flash your 9.9 ecu with either a stock or tuned version of that. There will be differences in fuelling, ignition advance and rpm limit. Then all you need is the DF20a 'silencer seal' part number 13832-89L00. If your 9.9 is the lighter carb version I've no idea how it can be uprated.

https://www.brownspoint.com/store/pc...dproduct=66561
    Last edited by Pbodsw; 07-26-2022, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Thanks Pbodsw. How will I know what the “lighter” version is? Can this be replaced?

I’ve wrenched on Honda motors my whole life so I assume I can figure this out with some guidance.

Thanks!

Comment

Lighter weight DF8/9.9A carburetor motor or heavier fuel injected engine DF9.9/15/20. If yours is the former you probably can't do much with it, my comments applied to the latter model the 9.9B.

Comment

The later injection models are easy to upgrade. from a 9.9 to 15 within a couple of minutes. Only have to replace the intake restrictor. Another restrictor and ECU to make it 20. But the biggest jump is from 9.9 to 15. And most probably have to replace the prop as well for the increased power.

But be aware with those latest injection models. They are prone to overheating. The cooling passages are to small and clog up easily. Have to remove the power head and/or cylinder heads te clean out the passages. Important to use those often and flush to prevent this issue.
          Regards, Martin
          DF200 2007

Comment

Posted in wrong thread. oops.
            Last edited by bklake; 12-31-2022, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X