DF20A problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF20A problem

I am scratching my head over an issue that has just cropped on my 2013 DF20A. I have on a 14 ft tin boat that I use on the ocean in Mexico where I live. Two days ago when I launched, the first thing I noticed was that it did not idle down as low as it normally does. Probably between 1000 to 1100 rpm instead of the normal 850. After it warmed up, I got a flashing red light. One flash every 3 seconds but only in neutral. Not to be confused with the change oil warning which flashes every second in every gear until canceled. The engine ran fine most of the morning except for the idle down issue. Late in the morning it started to miss occasionally. It was a funny violent kind of a miss that shook the boat. The first few times it happened I was trolling among dolphin and I actually thought I had hit one of them with my prop. As the morning wore on the frequency of he misses increased until it was happening every second or so. I was even happening at idle in forward but in neutral it seemed to run very smoothly although still a bit higher than usual. I limped in and did some checking and cannot figure out what the problem is. Reseat a bunch of connectors, changed oil again, changed plugs, checked compression, checked the injectors, and some of the sensors and everything looks normal. Any ideas?

sounds like water in fuel but it has never happened to me since i live in a desert. i'm not skilled with modern engines so i'm not much help to you.

my old 2 stroke 15hp sips so little gas i would have to run it all day once a week to keep the gas fresh. that's usually the problem i have is bad gas or varnished fuel system. i usually get through the winter by getting fresh gas in October and replacing it in the spring. my truck gets the old gas.

if people are having problems with four year old motors like you are it makes me want to keep fixing my old motor.

Comment

i think you have an rope starter / tiller model or is it an electric start ?

it think it might be an temp or voltage issue.

to realy be shure you have to put in on a computer with SDS

nown issues are the high pressure fuel pump and a blocked fuel cooler ( water passage)
      Last edited by pniksnut; 11-03-2017, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X