Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki multifunction gauges

Hi everyone
    what is the difference between the Suzuki square gauge Part No: 990C0-04C10 and the Suzuki round gauge SMG4 Multi Function Gauge - 34011-96L42 ??
    Do they have the same number of functions ?
    Thanks

I've got the newer SMG4 gauge and it doesn't use a programmed interface cable like needed with the earlier round SMIS gauge.

Don't know what features are available on the previous gauge so can't compare the functions, must be pretty much the same.
    Last edited by Pbodsw; 09-29-2022, 06:57 PM.

Comment

The C10 is a Simrad IS35 square 4” display that has been customised for Suzuki. It ONLY works with Suzuki engine interface cables via the NMEA2000 network. It can show the data from one or two engines, eg you can use one gauge to show data from 2 engines.

SMG4 is also a square 4” digital display. It connects to the harness for the engine that it is responsible for. You need one SMG4 per engine.

SMG4 has rounded corners where C-10 has sharp corners.

SMG4 is an OEM gauge made only for Suzuki engines. It has been the standard Suzuki digital gauge WORLDWIDE since 2015 and in my opinion, will likely supersede C10 in the USA before too long.

C10 has always been exclusive to the USA.

There are some differences in data available from them, and how they can be customised etc. but essentially, the above explains the different concepts involved.

They are therefore 2 completely different gauges that work on different systems. You should NOT mix both of them together on one boat.

Comment

Thanks for the feed back

Comment

There is also the LMF400 and I thing ( if not I'm not wrong) that there is also a Suzuki gauge exactly Same as LMF 400 , visually and same funcions , but tagged Suzuki
          If I'm not wrong those both gauge ar no longer sold ...

Is there other Suzuki gauge getting the same function as the LMF400

I mean with those options below , which are for me important
          season fuel consumption
          Season distance
          Season running hours
          Fuel Used
          fuel remaining
          With possibility to reset only the trip fuel used , the trip distance ...etc , without reseting the season fuel used ................................ then reseting the season fuel used at the end of the season
          etc

The Suzuki 34011-96L42 gauge doesn't have those functions .
          Only the trip fuel consumption , trip distance, trip running hours
          The total used fuel ( but not the remaining fuel , only the level indicator which is not accurate if I add some fuel , without filling the complete tank ...)

Comment

Originally posted by tomille3 View Post
            There is also the LMF400 and I thing ( if not I'm not wrong) that there is also a Suzuki gauge exactly Same as LMF 400 , visually and same funcions , but tagged Suzuki
            If I'm not wrong those both gauge ar no longer sold ...

Is there other Suzuki gauge getting the same function as the LMF400

I mean with those options below , which are for me important
            season fuel consumption
            Season distance
            Season running hours
            Fuel Used
            fuel remaining
            With possibility to reset only the trip fuel used , the trip distance ...etc , without reseting the season fuel used ................................ then reseting the season fuel used at the end of the season
            etc

The Suzuki 34011-96L42 gauge doesn't have those functions .
            Only the trip fuel consumption , trip distance, trip running hours
            The total used fuel ( but not the remaining fuel , only the level indicator which is not accurate if I add some fuel , without filling the complete tank ...)

LMF400 and Suzuki SMIS are the same, except SMIS has a few customised Suzuki bits.

I would not even consider putting LMF400 or SMIS on any engine newer than about 2015. There are compatibility issues, because SMIS had no software updates after about 2011. It is ancient technology and it does not work reliably with any newer Suzukis. SMIS was replaced by C-10, which does everything that SMIS does, and does more, and does it all better and easier.

There are no Suzuki gauges that will provide you with the following things from your list:
            Season Distance
            Season running hours

C-10 will give you Fuel used, Fuel Remaining, Season Fuel, Trip Fuel and I think Trip Distance. You can reset them all separately.

If you have SMG4 and network it via NMEA2000 with Simrad NSS evo 3 or 3s or and GO series displays, and add a Navico Fuel Data Manager device to the network and configure it correctly, then the Simrad will take fuel flow data from the SMG4 and the Simrad will then give you Fuel used, Fuel Remaining, Season Fuel, Trip Fuel and I think Trip Distance. You can reset them all separately. The Simrad TripIntel feature will give you lots of other useful Trip info too, and will aggregate it to give long term data and averages.

You keep chasing this gauge issue all around the place, apparently looking for some solution, to an unknown problem!!

Why don’t you just tell us what gauges you have now, and what they dont give you that you want or need.

If you do that we might be able to give you some ideas of what options might be available, or we can tell you that you are asking for the impossible.

Comment

Hi Moonlighter
              many thanks for the clarifications
              On my futur new boat I'm gone a have a Suzuki 200 Ap , the engine is already provided with a Suzuki gauge you call SMG4 + network NMEA2000
              the fishfinder will be a Lowrance HDS12 live...

I would like to have the same display as the LMF400 ( same functions )

This gauge SMG4 doesn't give all info I need

I want a gauge capable of displaying the following NMEA 2000 data: engine temperature, engine oil pressure, engine hours, fuel flow, fuel economy, fuel remaining, fuel used, fuel range, trip fuel used, seasonal fuel used, fluid level

I read somewhere that the C10 and SMG4 where incompatible , is it right ?

Comment

Ok now we know what is going on!

Suzuki engines do not output oil pressure to the network, so unless you get a NMEA2000 oil pressure sender and install it on the engine and connect it to the network, you wont get that on any gauge/display. The old SMIS gauges don’t show oil pressure either for that reason.

SMG4 will show engine temp, fuel used, fuel flow, fuel economy and I think it will also show distance to empty when connected to a GPS source. It also shows engine hours. SMG4 can also be connected directly to the wires from a fuel tank sender unit to show the level of fuel in the tank/s. Your dealer should do that and set it up when the engine is installed. But remind them to anyway!

The best solution for you, since you will be networking SMG4 to a Lowrance HDS Live, Is to simply add a Lowrance Fuel Data Manager (FDM) device to the network and configure it as per the instructions it comes with.

The HDS will then take fuel flow data from the SMG4 and in combination with the FDM will use it to calculate the same fuel data that is provided on SMIS including fuel used, fuel remaining, trip fuel used, and seasonal fuel used. It will allow you to do partial fills where you add some fuel but not fill to full. It will display all of that on the HDS. You will have to reset those separately from the SMG4 when you refuel because their data is stored in FDM. In other words, you will need to reset BOTH SMG4 and the HDS when you refuel.

HDS will also show all other available data sent to the network from the SMG4.

If you have other fluid levels that you want to display (eg waste water tank or live bait tank etc) you can buy a separate Lowrance Fluid Level sensor and connect it to the NMEA2000 network and it will then display on the HDS.

If you choose a Simrad NSS evo3s (current model) instead of the Lowrance HDS, it has equal or better sonar and GPS capabilities plus it has a unique feature that Lowrance does not have, called TripIntel. It will give you a lot more info when connected to SMG4 and FDM, but it is all info that takes data from SMG4 and uses it to calculate other useful trip related stuff.

Google Simrad TripIntel and there are videos that show what it can do.

FYI, Lowrance and Simrad are both made by Navico and their menu systems are almost identical, so you would have no difficulty adapting to Simrad if you are already familiar with Lowrance.

Comment

Now it's clearer to me
                  For what I want , the best and easiest ( and cheapest) solution will be to add a FDM as you said .

Last Question : You said , I will need to reset BOTH SMG4 and the HDS when you refuel --> This is only when I refuel totaly the tank ?
                  As with the FDM , it will allow me to refuel partially the tank ? in this case I will just need to enter in the HDS the liters I has added . Is that correct ?

Comment

When the FDM device is added, the Lowrance and SMG4 will manage all fuel use data SEPARATELY.

So resetting one of them WILL NOT reset the other. This is because are not reporting fuel use data from the same network source.

If you add sone fuel but don't fill to FULL you can do the refuel procedure on the Lowrance only, go into the fuel menu, select refuel, then select add fuel, input the amount added, save and exit.

This procedure cannot be done on the SMG4, because it only has one option: to reset fuel used to zero. So when you add fuel on the Lowrance there will be a difference between what SMG4 says and what Lowrance says for fuel used. Lowrance of course will be correct, SMG4 will be incorrect. You will just have to remember this.

If you fill the tank FULL then yes you should reset fuel on both SMG4 and the Lowrance. They will then both show the same result.

Comment

Thanks very much for your help Moonlighter
                      It was good and important to know these details

Comment

Working...
                      X