2007 DF140 Crank but no start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 DF140 Crank but no start

Hey guys! I am having an issue where my engine will crank but wont fire up. It almost sounds like it wants to start.
    After reading a few of the forum posts, I opened up my throttle a bit without going into gear and it starts up really easily at a high idle!

So I believe I have either an airflow or air detection issue?
    It also wanted to start better after I took off the air silencer but not firing up. Throttle body looked a little dirty so I cleaned it and helped a tiny bit but still no start.

What would be your guys next move be for diagnosing the issue?
    I have access to suzuki software FYI.

did you clean the IAC valve?

Comment

No I haven't! Any tips on doing it? I will do it tomorrow.

Comment

I would change the iac valve regardless, mine went bad on both my 2007 DF 150 s last year.

Comment

Hey guys I just cleaned it out real well. Definitely carbon build up inside of it. It starts up without opening throttle plate decently but I still hear a hesitation and still choking a bit but once idling for a second or two it sounds normal. Any further recommendations? Looking to definitively find my issue. Also wondering if this is related to why engine will sometimes die coming off of plane. Already confirmed CTP switch works.

Comment

That is a definitely why your engine will stall coming off a plane, as will as cleaning the IAC did clean the holes on the manifold itself , clearing them will get it running a little better

Comment

I found the valve is a bit fussy to get it dialed in
              make sure you follow the direction for making adjustments
              then you may need to still fine tune it a bit

Comment

Working...
              X