X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013-ish DF60A - Water Intake Under Cavitation Plate

2013-ish DF60A - Water Intake Under Cavitation Plate

Guys - good day

I have a water intake under the Cav Plate as well as in the traditional Muff location. Instructions say to block the Cav Intake when flushing.

Question, can i permanently block off the Cav Plate Intake - would be esp helpful if I jack the Engine up on really skinny water//

All thoughts are appreciated
    Steve

I had a first generation DF50 with the same intake and made several trips where I forgot to remove the duct tape. I had a few uncharacteristic high temperature alarms before I realised what was going on, initially I attributed it to weed. No harm done, more an inconvenience having to restart the engine to get rid of the bleeping and get out of limp mode. Give it a try and see.

I think it's so placed to get positive pressure from the prop which boosts water pump performance and cooling ability.
    Last edited by Pbodsw; 10-15-2022, 03:29 AM.

Comment

Phodaw

Thank you for the info. Not what I was hoping to read..

Looks like I am back to making a 'pad' that I can clamp to the Plate, rather than deal with Tape.

Steve

Comment

I had a DF40A 2014 which is essentially the same as the DF60, same engine family, same leg etc.

I simply used the common small round (soft cup) muffs and never had any issues getting water pressure to the engine to flush it effectively. Never taped anything else up. Those small round muffs work best with nearly all Suzukis. Give them a try.

Comment

Thanks Moonlighter.

When out, i will look at the Muffs and compare against mine
          S

Comment

Working...
          X