Oil leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil leak

I have a severe oil leak in my 2008 Suzuki df140, it started with oil in the prop exhaust. I then replaced oil cooler and my outboard then put map 2sensor alarm...check engine...I removed all panels checked oil filter and cooler tightened all inspected entire upper end of motor no oil but still leaking upon further inspection I noticed oil beading from bottom of leg...this is engine oil not the lower gearbox oil...where could this leak be coming from?

How many hours would there be on that engine, There are several places oil can leak, Run it for a while then drop the lower unit and inspect the drive shaft for excessive oil, It may be worn shaft seals

Comment

I have an 07 DF140 that developed a leak that ran down the swivel shaft. It turned out to be a plate that covers drive linkages under the oil pan. Give me a minute and I'll find a pic from the manual. You have to lift the power head and hold it up with engine lift while you replace plate.

Comment

This engine has about 1300hrs I believe

Comment

If you look up your engine on the above link, Purchase Suzuki Parts, look under 08, DF140, engine holder. It is part 18, cover mount case.

Comment

Here is the pic

Okay, I found the engine holder pic that you need to look at. Part 18 is the plate that corrosion ate a hole inmine.
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X