Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki DF300 lower uniit

Hi
    I want to know is the lower unit of a suzuki DF300 fits to a DF200, there is a guy telling me that if you do that, the motor will work faster.
    And the other question is if yo can install the injectors of the df300 to the df200, This questions are becouse I want the best performance I can take to the DF 200.

Thanks
    Daniel Chavarriaga

The gear ratios of the 200 and 300 might be different, and the gearcases might be interchangeable, however, simply swapping them over will not just magically make you "go faster" similarly, swapping injectors could have all sorts of results, and not necessarily good, to get more out of your current engine will require expense and expertise, simply swapping bits and pieces will get you a "dog"

Comment

If you need 300 preformance, then put a 300 behind your boat:

Comment

Originally posted by Danielchava View Post
        Hi
        ... there is a guy telling me that if you do that, the motor will work faster.
        Haha, a guy, huh? Well, sounds like a guy who'd also sell you waterfront property in Arizona. What good does it do to make your motor "work faster" if your boat goes slower, eh? And those bigger injectors might help you burn more fuel and also might make you some more oil, and do all kinds of wonderfully crazy things, all while making your barge go even slower yet!!

Just funnin' with you...but seriously, "a guy" is not someone whose word I would take over the engineers who designed your DF200. Forget about it.
        Mike
        μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Mikes advice is spot on!’
          If you have a 200- you aren’t going to make it a 300
          you can play with the props to get the most from your engine set up

and if you ever wonder if a part fits another or different model- go to the parts page. look up the part click on the part number. which takes you to that part. scroll down and you will see a pretty complete list of every year and model the part can be used on.
          Art

Comment

Working...
          X