2007 300HP Outboard Gauges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 300HP Outboard Gauges

So, I have been on the lookout for 2 interface cables v2.3 in order to have my SMIS gauges work. Long story why my interface cables don't work. I presume at this point I would not get any warning alarms from the engines without these gauges working, and obviously I have no engine data. Without the availability of workable interface cables, can I just switch to analog gauges? Could I install (and how) an analog tachometer with engine monitor for each engine? If so, what analog gauge would work? Thanks for the help.

These would be the gauges to use I think. Can get them in either black or white face.

https://www.brownspoint.com/store/pc...r-27p54772.htm

Now Im having to think about this in reverse because you are going the opposite direction by changing digital to analogue!

So, on the 300’s there will be an adapter cable behind the dash to connect the engine interface cable on each engine to the gauge harness. Remove the interface cables and that adapter cable. The gauges should then connect to the 4 pin plug and then one connect one pair of the wires to the colour coded bullet connectors (for the warning lights)

I think that should do it. Have a look at the wiring to confirm if what I have said matches the wiring connections available in your gauge harness.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlighter View Post
      These would be the gauges to use I think. Can get them in either black or white face.

https://www.brownspoint.com/store/pc...r-27p54772.htm

Now Im having to think about this in reverse because you are going the opposite direction by changing digital to analogue!

So, on the 300’s there will be an adapter cable behind the dash to connect the engine interface cable on each engine to the gauge harness. Remove the interface cables and that adapter cable. The gauges should then connect to the 4 pin plug and then one connect one pair of the wires to the colour coded bullet connectors (for the warning lights)

I think that should do it. Have a look at the wiring to confirm if what I have said matches the wiring connections available in your gauge harness.
      Thanks as always for the help Moonlighter!!

Comment

Working...
      X