Check Engine 3-1 2006 df150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check Engine 3-1 2006 df150

Good afternoon everyone. I just started getting an engine error code 3-1 IAC valve/By-pass air screw adjustment. No problem on start up, cruise out to fishing grounds 20miles away and drop in for trolling at 1.5-1.9mph. After 20 min or so, the alarm starts to beep every so often and the gauge displays 3-1. Other than the alarm, the engine seems to be running well. No changes in rpm, no sputtering, no indication of an issue other than an alarm and code. Temp is 170, all other specs look to be fine. After fishing I turn the engine of to clear the alarm and then head back into the harbor at 26mph without any issues. This has occurred consistently the last 3 trips. Again, I haven’t had any issues with holding a strong idling engine. Any help or advice would be great. Also the IAC was replaced one year ago.

May be a voltage issue. Poor voltage can cause false codes to be generated.

Think about the fact that running at speed, the alternator is pumping heaps of charge into the battery. Slow down and troll for some time, a bad battery will start to fail and the alternator voltage isnt keeping it up.

Its easy to check if this is the issue by having the battery load tested, and also by cleaning all the battery connections by undoing them, cleaning etc. Even if it turns out not to be the issue, at least you’ve done some important preventative maintenance and at very little cost and effort.

Comment

Thanks for this Moonlighter and also taking the time to help all of use with endless questions… The batteries are relatively new but i will have them load tested and possibly just run the other engine in neutral and see if it still kicks out a code.

Comment

Working...
      X