It's working and new DF9.9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's working and new DF9.9

This site has been down for awhile. Just posting to see if it works.

I got a new DF9.9B remote. It started as soon as I hit the key. I can pull start it with two fingers on the rope. Only thing it can't do is get my boat up on plane but I knew that. The cowl needs to say 9.9. What's underneath the cowl doesn't need to be 9.9. Working on putting some hours on the computer before I tinker.

Yeah.... been down a couple months. We weren't sure it would come back at all.
    Mike
    μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Good news and you should be able to get up to 25hp with a remap and removing the inlet restriction.

https://www.suzukioutboardforum.com/...o-df15-or-df20

Comment

t is the heavy 9.9 which is in the 9.9-15-20 family. I purchased from a local dealer instead of online. I get local support for parts and service. I usually do everything on my boats and don't rely on the dealer. Long story short, I don't count on any dealership support and expect to do everything myself. That said, it is nice to have a good relationship with the dealer. My other boat broke the day before a long holiday weekend. A quick call to the dealer for a part and I was back on the water same day.

So, this dealer told me that doing any modifications to the engine would void the warranty. Fair enough, don't care, I said. He replied, "in that case you need the following part numbers, put 20+ hours on the 9.9 ECU and swap it back in if you have to bring it in for warranty work". He suggested I was not the only one to do this.

It would have been slightly less expensive to buy a 20hp than this route but I need the magic 9.9 on the cowl and engine ID number.

Comment

Personally would forego any warranty and flash the 9.9 ecu with the 20 map. Cheapest and best because you could also have a mild tune. Depends if you're having dealer servicing to maintain the warranty I guess, but if you retained the old ecu the hours wouldn't be believable and you'd be rumbled anyway. It stores a lot of usage info.

Comment

Working...
          X