Upgrade to Precision Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade to Precision Control

Is it possible to upgrade a DF250 that does not currently have "Precision Control", to be drive by wire?

Anybody? Someone has to have tried

Comment

This is what Suzuki says:

“This technologically advanced system is a computer-based drive-by-wire control system which makes operation easy with smooth, precise control and instantaneous, crisp shifting which eliminates the friction and resistance of mechanical control cables. It is most evident in the low rpm range and when maneouvering around the marina and in close quarters. The system is configurable for single, twin, triple, or quad installations, and for dual stations.

This feature is available in the following models: DF150AP, DF175AP, DF200AP, DF250AP, DF300AP.”

If your motor is one of the AP models listed, you are likely to be in business. Otherwise, no, it cant be done for other models.

The safest course before you buy any parts is to talk to your local dealer, quote your engine model details and serial number and confirm that it is compatible.
      Last edited by Moonlighter; 11-29-2017, 08:17 PM.

Comment

I'll pull the serial numbers and take a look, thanks !

Comment

The P models are drive by wire from the factory. not changeable from mechanical shifting .

Comment

Well mine are plain DF250's so it looks like I'm out of luck!

Comment

Working...
            X