Engine Interface Cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Interface Cable

I have a DF 300 Model Year 2007. I cannot get fuel flow, RPM and other data to the console gage. After talking to my mechanic and Lowrance, it was determined I most likely need a new Interface Cable. I have been told that anything prior to 08 is not manufactured anymore. Can anyone suggest a work around or where I may be able to get this part? What is the part number I need? Thanks

Have you or your dealer tried re-installing the interface software? This can sometimes resolve problems if the issue is software rather than hardware related.

That would be the next thing to do if you have already checked the physical connections - eg that the wires coming from the interface cable plugs are all intact and the pins in the plugs themselves are all good, no broken or bent pins and no losse wires. And that T pieces are all still good.

If that has all been done, there are currently 2 options:

1. If you are in the USA, Talk to a big Suzuki dealer like International Marine in Florida. They do frequesnt repowers and often have used interface cables that are in good condition available for purchase. They do currently advertise some being available (see link below) but best to contact them by phone or email to inquire.

Also if your network uses the old Lowrance blue T pieces you will need a blue to red (black) adapter cable as well.

Suzuki SUZ-990C0-88149-290 SMIS Engine Interface Cable (V2.3)

2. The cables needed for pre-2009 models are still available brand new from Suzuki dealers here in Australia. They may also have some used cables in good conditions available for purchase.

My local Dealer can supply both new and sometimes used cables. Mention that Grant recommended them. Tell them your engine model, hp and year, and serial number.

Contact then via their website Contact

Comment

I have an ‘06 175 I had the engine interface cable installed about 5 years ago when I upgraded to the Lowrance HDS9
      in the middle of of the interface cable is some electronics much like a thumb drive the software for the cable resides here
      well a longer story shorten - because the dealer could not run the cable through the conduit they taped it on the outside of the conduit exposed to the
      elements this last fall the data output just quit on me
      salt water eventually penetrated and the inside was corroded
      With Moonlighters help, the interface cable is now tucked up under the gunnel out of the weather and elements
      when you install a new cable just make sure the cable is protected
      Art
      Last edited by artdf175; 11-30-2017, 12:42 AM. Reason: correction

Comment

Interface Cable

Thanks, I talked to my local mechanic. He said he has developed a code update workstation because he has so many boats come in and the problem in the interface cable. He said he cannot back the code down to 2,30. He suggested I buy an Interface cable of ebay. It is unfortunate that Suzuki/ Lowrance do not make these cables anymore. I have enjoyed this DF300 and it has been a good motor. In fact I was out on the boat today. Disappointed that the motor is no longer supported. I will be buying a new boat next year. I have been told Yamaha is rock solid on support. May go that route this time.

Comment

Working...
        X