DF250 head gasket external seepage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF250 head gasket external seepage?

I've had a white, powdery substance collecting on the external edges of my DF250's head gasket (both port and starboard) which I had put down to saltwater condensing on the hot metal surface, but this time it looks a bit more serious on the port side. What are your thoughts? Is there really enough pressure in the cooling system to force water out through the head gasket? Does it point to something else? Poppet valve seized maybe? Engine running fine. Zero water in oil. Many thanks.
    Attached Files

Not very familiar with a DF250, but is that really a seam between the head and the block, or is it the cam/valve cover gasket?
    Mike
    μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Pretty sure. It’s this one highlighted yellow.
      Attached Files

Comment

Anyone care to offer an opinion? Either for or against head gasket

Comment

Yeah, I think you're right. In looking at the parts diagrams, there's that water jacket area of the heads and the large rectangular hole in the gaskets to seal that to the jacket in the block. Wouldn't necessarily take much pressure for it to leak. It's not necessarily leaking into the combustion chambers or cylinders, but I wouldn't want to take the chance that it's not. Looks like there's a few pretty loose bolts on that side of the head. Time for a teardown and replacement.
          Mike
          μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Thanks Mike

Comment

Working...
            X