C10 Gauge not receiving engine data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C10 Gauge not receiving engine data

I have a 2017 DF300APX and C10 gauge. The gauge worked perfectly yesterday. Today it doesn't show the rpm, voltage, trim level, or any other engine data. It does show speed and depth from my Garmin fishfinder on the Nmea 2000 network. The Garmin shows rpm, and fuel burn rate. Any ideas what is going on? I disconnected the network T for the gauge and reconnected it.

Does the Garmin show all other engine data that the C-10 normally displays?

If it does, then that would tell us that the engine data is being received on the network, and the problem therefore must be with the C-10.

In that case I would suggest checking the C-10 software version, and try a reset on the gauge to see if that helps.

Comment

The Garmin doesn't normally show any additional information.

Comment

Thanks Moonlighter

I disconnected the entire nmea 2000 network and cleaned each T and cable with electronic contact cleaner. It still didn't work, so I swapped the C10 connectors position on the backbone, it still didn't work. I reset the gauge by holding the up and down arrows at the same time while turning the gauge on. That did appear to work. I'm going offshore tomorrow for stripers and I guess we will find out.

Comment

Good that the reset worked. Hopefully it will now be stable.

BTW if the Garmin shows some engine data such as RPM, it will also be able to show all other engine data. Im not overly familiar with them but if it has an engine data page or virtual dashboard page, you should see it all there.

Comment

Had the same issue today with a new LM400 gauge. Nothing seem to work and it only displays an engine
            fault. Couldn't get into the menu either. After holding the down button when firing up it worked fine.

Comment

Working...
            X