Unknown error code with alarm, not in service manual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unknown error code with alarm, not in service manual

Good afternoon. Last season my port 2006 df150 started to display an error code on the sims display with beep alarm while trolling. The code is 3-6 which does not correspond with any code for my year of engine. Looks like this code on other years/hp engines is an oxygen sensor fault. My simrad display does not suggest any error, if it even picks them up (not sure) from the data cable. Its been so long that i can’t remember what version software i installed on the cables but it was appropriate at the time and both starboard and port are identical with only port alarming after trolling for about an hour. I was able to hook my computer into the diagnostic port today to retrieve data, but I am unsure what to make of it. It states no fault codes but has many caution failure codes. Again, i do not know how to interpret this data. Any help is appreciated. Also I recently had a frozen needle valve that i cleared if that correlates with any warnings. I will post pics shortly when i get back to my computer, cant figure it out from my phone.

IMG_7822.jpeg

Comment

IMG_7823.jpeg

Comment

Simrad display wont show fault codes. They will only appear on the SMIS gauges.

You are correct, 3-6 is related to Oxygen sensor and your 2006 engine won’t have one.

Yes all those codes are a bit concerning - especially since it seems you havent noticed them when the engine is running?? Is that right?

In an engine that age, I would suggest having a close look at the ecu connections and their plugs, you might have corrosion in those plugs/pins/wires in the plugs or on the ecu that could be causing the codes. Unplug, check, clean and reconnect.

Also undo, clean, inspect and then re-tighten all of the battery connections and the white wire connection and its fuse/fuse holder.

Comment

Thank you so much for the info Moonlighter. I will take a look at the connections. I did have to replace the white wire and fuse holder on this engine approximately 8 running hours ago but did not check the rest of the ecu connections. Any idea if I can reset or remove these code or if they reset over time like a regular vehicle. This way I can see if the faults are continuing.

Comment

My understanding is that fault records are stored permanently in the ecu.

Active faults eg those being displayed “live” on the SMIS, will clear from the display when the issue is resolved.

Comment

Working...
            X