Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replaced Trim End Caps Then PTT Stopped Functioning During Bleeding

2007 Suzuki DF175

Removed port side leaky trim cap and the piston for inspection. The piston and o ring looked great. Replaced the trim cap end with a new OEM cap which came with seals already installed. Topped off the reservoir several times during the bleeding process. PTT moved all the way up and down with no issues. After the fourth time, the motor stopped moving once it fully reached the bottom position. The switch/button on the port side of the outboard would only make a click sound when the button was depressed for the up position. When pressing the down position, the motor would whine but motor had nowhere to go since it's already bottomed out. Tried the PTT switch on the shifter at the helm and it would not lift the motor nor make any noise from the PTT motor relay.

I followed the instructions in the Suzuki Service Manual for troubleshooting the PTT

A continuity test on the outboard side switch for the up and down position was normal.

Removed the PTT Motor Relay and tested the voltage which was at 12.3v on the connector wires. Continuity test for pink (P) and light blue (Lbl) wire tested at 22ohms which is slightly below the spec'd range of 25-37ohms.

The Tilt Limit Switch continuity tested fine.

Positive and negative power cables to starter tested at 12.3v.

No blown fuses.

I didn't test the PTT motor since I'm assuming it's working because the Down position button is still making noise.

Can a faulty white wire be the problem? Not sure what else I should check to troubleshoot the PTT power loss issue to get the motor to lift up.

Working...
X