No announcement yet.

New member getting new DF200’s Hi all!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member getting new DF200’s Hi all!

Hi. I’m new to the site. Replacing my old 150 hpdi’s with twin DF200AP’s on my old (1989) 25’ Grady White Sailfish. Hope to have them installed and boat back by Christmas, it’s my wife and my Christmas present to each other (God I love her lol). Have heard so much positive about these motors. Hope it’s all true!! Anyone have any feedback? Ideas on correct propeller? How do you like the fly by wire? I will post pictures and numbers when I get them.
    Thanks
    Dave

Welcome, Dave. Love to hear all about 'em. Even some pictures when you get 'er all set up. Maybe next Christmas y'all can treat yourselves to one of those Optimus 360 Joystick systems. SeaStar Solutions
    Mike
    μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

That would be awesome but don’t think that it will ever be in the budget!

Comment

Nice!

I can't relate any help of Twins, or Big Blocks, Drive By Wire, But I did switch from Blue 2 Stroke, to a Charcoal 4 Stroke, you will love the fuel savings!

I suspect you will be needing 4"s more pitch on your props, and go SS you won't regret the extra you spend.

Comment

compared to the hpdi's you will love them. Will take some getting used to the difference in noise hearing the 2 stroke sound and difference in rpms but will get used to it likely before you hit 90-100 hours

Comment

Thanks can’t wait. Dropped the boat off today to get the motors installed.

Comment

Yoy will grow to love the FBW controls.

Initially you will think it is very sensitive, too sensitive in fact, but give it some time, you will adjust to it and will then will never want to be without it!

Comment

Hy Dave. Also very intrrested in your findingsc and love to see some pics.

Comment

Working...
                X