No Tell Tale Water Stream, 200hp with 65 Hours On It

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Tell Tale Water Stream, 200hp with 65 Hours On It

Have family in town and had planned a couple days on the water. Dropped the boat in and cranked the motors yesterday. Note these motors (twin 200's) have 65 hours on them. Initially, no tell-tale water on either which was strange, although boat's been sitting a while. Stopped and restarted and starboard tell-tale started a little, nothing on port. After flush starboard was fine,, still nothing on port. Tried 200lb Mono up 8"-10" inside of pee tube no restrictions felt, blew some air in as well, no go. At dock, started motors, increased RPM to about 1500 on both and let run for 10 mins or so. Temperature gauge on both looked the same. No temp warning, running fine. Note that I don't run in shallow water so I have no expectation I picked up sand/mud so I'm at a loss.

Any suggestions from the brain trust?? Would sitting at dock at 1500 RPM force temp alarm is water pump bad?? Should I just take it for a run and monitor water temp as I can limp home on one. Any tricks to clearing debris??

Thanks guys!!

OK,, so doing some research here's what I came up with. Manual shows cooling water path. In this case comes from 'Water pump' through 'water tube' and 'oil pan' to 'Engine Holder' then to 'Block Oil Cooler' then to 'Pilot Water Hole', AKA Tell-tale. Manual show location of 'Engine Holder Cover' on back. I switch over to YouTube and looked at a couple of videos that document Oil Changes. I snipped a couple of pictures once the oil filter was off.

Am I on track here?? I would assume if I take the tube off the 'Engine Holder Cover', start the engine and water comes out, I have a blockage up stream. If no water, a water pump issue.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by gtpvette; 09-01-2023, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Sorry about previous post, having issues with posting pictures.

OK,, so doing some research here's what I came up with. Manual shows cooling water path. In this case comes from 'Water pump' through 'water tube' and 'oil pan' to 'Engine Holder' then to 'Block Oil Cooler' then to 'Pilot Water Hole', AKA Tell-tale. Manual show location of 'Engine Holder Cover' on back. I switch over to YouTube and looked at a couple of videos that document Oil Changes. I snipped a couple of pictures once the oil filter was off.

Am I on track here?? I would assume if I take the tube off the 'Engine Holder Cover', start the engine and water comes out, I have a blockage up stream. If no water, a water pump issue.

suzuki-t1.jpg.
      suzuki-t2.jpg
      suzuki-t3.jpg
      suzuki-t4.jpg
      suzuki-t5.jpg
      Last edited by gtpvette; 09-01-2023, 02:27 PM.

Comment

OK,, crisis adverted. Took the lower cowl off which gave me access to the two plastic water lines underneath the oil filter. Turns out both were clear. The forward port on the block turned out to be clogged. 200lb mono leader pushed through and opened it up. I flushed the oil cooler hard with a jet from a garden hose and a piece of clear tube. We just came back from sunset crise all is well!!

Comment

If the water pump was not working to circulate water and cool the engine, you will for sure get an alarm within a few minutes of idling the engine. Let alone revving it up.

Comment

Working...
          X