Primer bulb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer bulb

Why are the Suzuki bulbs so expensive compared to others. Most bulbs are around 20 bucks,Suzuki wants over a 100. What is the difference.? Will any bulb work.? Its for a 2015 115. Thanks

Any fuel bulb should work
    but my question would be .. why are you changing a 2015 bulb? they usually last many more than 2 years.. mine is going on 11 years..

If you go to the top of the page and click on "Suzuki parts" and enter "fuel primer bulb".. there are $22 bulbs available..

Art

Comment

If the boat sits unused for a month the bulb wont pump up. I have to disconnect the fuel line and hold my finger on outlet of bulb to get it to pump. Then it works fine. When you shake the bulb you cant hear the check ball inside. Price wise I looked up the part#and was 80.00.

2011 and Later DF115A Suzuki Marine Outboard SQUEEZE PUMP Diagram and Parts

Comment

Do you have to pump the primer bulb to start it? I never touch mine. DF150 starts immediately, first crank, every time. Even after sitting.
        Mike
        μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Never tried to start without pumping after setting a few weeks. If I use it every weekend I don't even check the bulb and it starts right up. I only check it if its been sitting a while. If its flat will the fuel pump take care of it.?

Thanks

Comment

try to buy an yamaha primer bulb. they are even more expensive. problem is that the origanal stay good for a long time. the cheaper ones like Scepter / Mohler are within a year rock hard or leaking.

i have the original bulb in the fuel line but only for emergency like an emty tank or after i replaces the fuelfilter in the boat and i have to bleed the air out. normaly i never prime the engine , even after the winter storage. it starts always at the first turn of the key. thats 1 advantage of EFI

running a DF70A from 2009

Comment

Originally posted by wilbur1 View Post
              Never tried to start without pumping after setting a few weeks. If I use it every weekend I don't even check the bulb and it starts right up. I only check it if its been sitting a while. If its flat will the fuel pump take care of it.?
              IF it's flat, no the pump won't take care of it, since the pump is downstream from the bulb and is sucking fuel through the bulb, rather than pushing it through. If it's flat, I would assume there's a problem in the fuel system prior to the bulb, a plugged filter, bad tank vent, or whatever. I've never had a problem of any sort with my fuel system.
              Mike
              μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

question. two things actually
                1). can I assume the bulb is in the correct direction for the fuel to travel?
                2) has the fuel line been installed so the bulb is on a vertical position ?
                the output to the engine on top?
                if it sits sideways the check valve will not operate properly
                Art

Comment

It is pointed the right way. It is not vertical cause there isn't enough height. Its been working fine for 2 yrs. Its just when it sits a month. When you shake the bulb I cant hear or feel the check ball inside.

Comment

I would uninstall it and then check
                    also can suggest try relocating it to a place it sits vertical
                    installed correctly you should almost never have to pump it unless you do maintainence on the fuel system
                    what maybe happening because it isn’t installed vertically is the fuel drains back out of the hoses/filters
                    art

Comment

Working...
                    X