2007 DF 140 Idle Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 DF 140 Idle Problems

My engine was stalling when shifting into gear and when shutting down out of gear. I bought a used IAC valve and now the RPM wont go below 1800 at idle. When i put my finger over the suction hose below the IAC valve the engine slows down. I went through the idle adjustment process and it wont slow down. Did I get a bad valve?

Originally posted by shallowaterhunter View Post
    My engine was stalling when shifting into gear and when shutting down out of gear. I bought a used IAC valve and now the RPM wont go below 1800 at idle. When i put my finger over the suction hose below the IAC valve the engine slows down. I went through the idle adjustment process and it wont slow down. Did I get a bad valve?
    I discovered the famous corrosion hole by the steel plug in the engine holder. I temporarily patched it with some JB Weld until i can get it properly repaired. I replaced the IAC valve I took off and the idle came back down to normal range. i guess it was a bad valve and maybe the repair of the hole in the engine holder will solve my idle problems. A water test this week will tell all.

Comment

Patching the corrosion hole fixed my issues with the idle.

Comment

Yes the corrosion will affect engine running if exhaust gasses are being released under the cowl.

If you check there are some recent threads where members share their experiences of fixing the hole (welding up) or replacing the engine holder. Some food for thought.

Comment

Working...
        X