Sds connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sds connection

Looking at the sticky above for nmea 2000 connection it tells you to match these colors to sds adapter cable.

Pin placement: place the pins to achieve the following result:
    Engine side (SDS plug) ------- to interface cable side
    Gray/red ---------------------------- single red
    Orange/yellow ------- --------------white
    Black -------------------- -------------black

My ? is my red wire on the sds adapter cable connects to a black /with blue stripe. I don't have a gray/red wire at the engine side. Is this right.? 2015 115

I am not sure I understand your question?

Have you purchased a adapter cable and have problems? Doesnt it work?

The interface cable red wire is for 12V+ power. So if the black/blue stripe wire on your engine is 12V+ it should be fine.

Comment

Havent tried it yet, waiting on a nmea cable. I was just matching colors to your sticky. I will check that wire for power tomorrow. Ignition on right.?

Comment

For the network to recognise the interface cable, key must be turned on.

The cable should be wired right when you get it. Connect it up and see if it works.

Suzuki seems to change wire colours on SDS connectors every so often, so yours being an A series, they may have changed from the earlier ecu’s which my wiring instructions were based on.
        Last edited by Moonlighter; 12-19-2017, 06:56 AM.

Comment

Thanks Grant That wire has power. The nmea cable wont be here till next week. I will let you know. Thanks again for all your help.

Comment

Working...
          X