Df350 throwing almost every code it has

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Df350 throwing almost every code it has

So, I bought a used 22 df350. It seemed to be running just fine then I noticed the c10 gauge was acting up and giving me strange engine temp numbers, registering a change in the trim and even showing incorrect engine hours. I noticed my voltage was lower than it should be and started hunting for the issue. I found a ground wire, right beside the starter that was disconnected from the block. I reconnected it and my voltage problems are immediacy gone and the alternator seems to be doing its job. Still getting funky info from the gauge and now it’s throwing every code under the sun. I’ve attached a couple of pics. I’ve been through grounds and they all seem to be tight and in good shape. It was suggested to me that I may have damaged my engine interface cable while the ground was disconnected. I’m on vacation in Marathon, Fl and no one is available to look at it for a couple weeks. Any suggestions?
    Attached Files

I would suspect it is the engine interface cable tha is the culprit
    I too was getting a slew of error codes
    the one that created a big problem was the reading for the rpm's -- the engine controller would cut the rpm's back to around 4,000
    there is no fail safe I could find that reduced rpm's to 4,000. turn the engine off to reset the ECU and it would run okay for a short period then repeat problem..
    disconnected the interface cable and have had no further problems

Comment

Working...
    X