New C10 Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New C10 Problem

This was a bad idea but I did it anyway.
    Instead of pulling the boat out of the enclosed shed, I cranked it inside the shed (WILL NOT DO THAT AGAIN)...in a full tub of water.
    It ran great when it was running which was about for 10 minutes.
    During that time I had of course a lot of exhaust in the shed.
    I had stopped and restarted the engine twice and was going to do it a third time when I started it, it lost all data on the gauge.
    Boat still ran fine after loosing data.
    I'm sure this is a crazy question, but would the exhaust cause the gauge to act weird?
    No alarms showed up, current or past in settings. I do see the ones in red on the second picture.
    I unplugged all the connections from the backbone and reconnected but did not help.
    Here is what the gauge looked like.

. IMG_3608.jpegIMG_3607.jpeg

I cannot see why the exhaust gasses would have caused that. More than likely a power spike has happened due to the repeated starting/stopping and that can mess up network data sources.

Anyway….

The first thing to do when data goes missing that should be there is simply to reset network data sources. It often fixes these kinds of problems. And there is no downside provided you follow the instructions on the screen.

In the C-10 menu, go to system/network/sources then pick the option to auto select sources. Follow the instructions from there.

Comment

Gotcha, Thanks Moonlighter. It might be the first of next week before I can give that a try. Thanks for the reply and help. I will update the post.

Comment

Upate!
        Problem SOLVED with 100% help from Moonlighter.
        After this problem occurred, I found out my interface cable was running version 3.5.0 so I ordered a new updated interface cable.
        Plugged in new cable and absolutely no change.
        Moonlighter provided the following steps to take.

Please confirm the following :
        1. When the engine key is turned on, you can find the interface cable in the network device list?

2. And you were then able to configure it as per my last reply?
        in C-10 menu, go to system/network/devices and scroll down to find the Suzuki engine. Then select Configure. The ONLY thing you need to set is the engine location - for single engines, select Centre.

3. If you can, then, go back to it and select the Data tab. This opens a page listing all of the engine data coming from that interface.
        Does this list appear complete and does it look ok ? Eg voltage, engine hours, trim should be reading even though the engine is off. Other items should read zero.

4. After all that, you now say there is no engine data appearing on the C-10?

5. if the answer to Q’s 2 - Q4 is Yes, please reset network data sources. Turn the key on again. Then do as follows: In C-10 menu select menu/system/network/sources then pick the option to Auto Select and follow the instructions from there.

Everything was good with 1-4.
        Problem was solved with 5.
        Truly grateful and thankful for Moonlighter’s knowledge and understanding.

Comment

Working...
        X