Battery Charged gauges are dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery Charged gauges are dead

I have a 2007 DF150 which has been issue free until yesterday. Started to lower the engine on the throttle control and it stopped half way? Used the manual switch on the engine which was fully operational yet the switch on the controls was still not . Ok was going to take it out of the water for the 100 hour service anyway then turned the ingition key and all gauges were dead, RPM, Volts & fuel. I think the Batteries are fully charged because it's hooked up to a solar trickle charger and all accessories were fully operational, all four deck lights, bildge, bait, GPS, Sonar, horn, washdown, everything except the engine was operational. I checked and there was also full power at the starter? I also checked every fuse and could not find anything blown, could I have missed one?

I had rained for a week solid prior to the last time I was out and I'm thinking water got in to the to ingition switch and shorted out? I always leave one battery on to operate auto bildge. I disconected the MOB kill switch when my phone rang went up and came back and could not figure out where the two male connectors went black & green, stupid me. It also seemed like the little red button on the MOB was corroded and very slow to go down, I think its toast and would like to bypass it anyway,( is this possible?). Personally I think those kill switches are very dangerous and will never use it again. One time I was almost MOB when the cord was accidentally tangeled at speed on clothing when it acidentally pulled out and was I slammed in to the Tee Top off shore and lucky enough to be able to talk about it. Wiffie was pissed off too when she was trown forward when riding up front and suffered some bruises.

After spraying a little WD40 and playing around with the Ing switch the trim would work for a split second and then stop, I could also hear the starter motor trying to engauge but just a very weak intermitted clickig noise. The gas gauge started to work yet still the tach and volatge gauges were both dead. This motor has less than 200 hours and is everything is in bristol condition. That's all I can report and before I replace the switches any information would be greatly appreciated, please assist.

Thank You

Killer

cables

Try meter on battery posts,then try meter on cables at the battery.sounds to me like poor connection to me ??????

Comment

Hard to say, but might be a ground problem, or poor connection somewhere. Maybe wiring is damaged somewhere

Comment

Working...
      X