Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF115 stalls when falling off of RPM

Hi Guys,

If I come off the plane and drop the throttle quickly my engine will 9 times out of ten stall - usually coming into something like the dock !!

If I come down slow and gently take the throttle lever slowly over the "bump" I feel on the throttle from just above idle it will not stall 9 times out of 10...

Any ideas?

Cheer's,
    Shannon

Fuel filter
    Fuel injector
    Deposit or build up in fuel system
    Tune up
    Spark plugs
    Wires
    Timing adjustment
    The list can go on!

How many hours
    How old
    When was last service
    Is it still under warranty

Comment

Check the idle , should be around 650rpm May also check and clean IAC valve

Comment

Thanks fella's.

It's a 2003 with 500 hours. I do the oils / oil filter / water pump myself as we had no one here that could test it here via a computer, and admittadly it has done 350 hours with out having a true service by a qualified tech and hooked to a computer - nor any problems.

From the tach it does appear to idle on 650 rpm Catacom... is that IAV valve something I can pull apart and clean myself mate?

We have a Johnson dealer (no Suzi dealer in Cayman) and the penny dropped that he may have the test equiptment given Suzi's do their 4 stroke line....??
        Last edited by shansgonefishin; 02-02-2011, 09:52 PM.

Comment

fix it right

make sure the throttle position switch (TPS) is fully closed or activited when the throttle is returned to idle speed...you may need to adjust your throttle cable

Comment

Thanks again fella's.

I did the incredible and actually read my Service Manual and, what da ya know...... there's a section (page 3-50) headed "UNSTABLE IDLING/TROLLING (OR ENGINE TENDS TO STALL).

Two Notes at the bottom of the troublshoot guide read:

Note2: If CTP switch has failed, engine will tend to stall when decelerating

Note3: If IAC valve has failed, "Fast-Idle function (warm-up mode)" won't operate.

I'm in the tropics so assumed that it was warm enough here to never warrant the fast idle warm-up - (maybe it is?) and my engine in 400 hours of running here has never fast idled at start up.

I just noted the cost of that little IAC valve and definetely want to at the least inspect / clean it in case it's the problem. If there are any cautions before my fiddly fingers start poking around it would be welcomed, or maybe like z21832086 said it's an adjustment on that throttle cable...

Seems you blokes are on the right track... great work

Shan

Comment

Fuel Water Separator

I recently had stalling issues and found the filter canister on my Suzuki fuel water separator had a significant corrosion breech, about 2.5 inches long and 1/16 in wide

Comment

Df115

If you need another IAC valve you can get one from a auto wrecker it crosses with a suzuki searra v6, part no, are the same

Comment

Working...
                X