Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• single beep alarm

Long story.
    I got a great deal on a DF70 (2002) in very ruff shape. It had been used on some sort of expedition boat to push a large pontoon boat. It had a tiller and was complete with barnacles and muscles. It fired right up! I took it home. After that the motor ran less and less each time I tried to start it. In the end I could only start it on Starting fluid.
    I have clean up the motor, and solved most of it's issues (maybe). Most of the problems were water related. The motor had not been properly flushed, and raw water had got into the fuel system.
    The one problem that I have not cured is after the motor has been operated on the hose for about 10-15 min, I get the Beep-------------Beep alarm. The battery voltage is solid at 14.5Vdc.
    Is the single beep alarm over charging? That is not occurring, the ground connections are clean and tight. The connections to the solenoids are clean and tight.

I have replace the water pump, the mechanical fuel pump, and the temp sensor in the exhaust. It idles great. It does have a bit of a stumble coming off idle. I can only run it on the muffs.

What's next? The boat will not be ready to get wet for months.

KP

Karlow, I read your post and I am having a similar problem I start up the engine and the warning buzzer sounds every seven seconds with no flashing light on the rpm gauge. Is yours doing the same thing?

Also checked charging system and it seems fine. Not over charging or under charging. Go figure.

Even ran on the water and engine ran fine but the only way I could get rid of the buz was push the ign Key in for a few seconds which cancels the sound.

Still stumped!

Comment

You should have the computer diagnostic test completed. This will narrow your searching.
      Regards
      Boats.net
      Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Where you every able to figure out the problem? I have had a similar situation that might be the answer to yours

Originally posted by Vee-rod View Post
        Karlow, I read your post and I am having a similar problem I start up the engine and the warning buzzer sounds every seven seconds with no flashing light on the rpm gauge. Is yours doing the same thing?

Also checked charging system and it seems fine. Not over charging or under charging. Go figure.

Even ran on the water and engine ran fine but the only way I could get rid of the buz was push the ign Key in for a few seconds which cancels the sound.

Still stumped!

Comment

Im at the point of replacing computer.

I realize this is KARLOWS post so I dont want to be hiJacking It, its intended for his issues. Sorry!

Ill keep you all posted under Vee-Rod

Comment

I replaced the ECM and beep went away and engine runs very well now so Karlow you might want to consider using or finding a used one just for testing. Do this if you can before u purchase one, it be somthing else then you will b stuck with a ECM you didnt need.

Comment

Working...
            X