DF115 Neutral Safety Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF115 Neutral Safety Switch

where is the neutral safety swich on the shifter and what does it look like? I have a DF115 that will buzz when I turn on the key, but won't start. My email is, roharmon@yahoo.com....thanks

See picture for neutral switch
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks

Thanks JT, I will take it apart and see if I can find it.

Comment

Where can you buy the switch?

Comment

before you buy a new switch, buy a manual and do some simple trouble shooting first.

Comment

Ooooor, rip out the switch and bypass it by connecting the wires going in and out of each side. I did this when I converted my PU55C to a tiller. It was partly because I used a Yamaha tiller arm and there was nowhere to put the switch where it could be useful. I am glad that I can start it in gear though in the river. Just gotta make sure the throttle is all the way down before you turn the key!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by suzujet View Post
              Ooooor, rip out the switch and bypass it by connecting the wires going in and out of each side. I did this when I converted my PU55C to a tiller. It was partly because I used a Yamaha tiller arm and there was nowhere to put the switch where it could be useful. I am glad that I can start it in gear though in the river. Just gotta make sure the throttle is all the way down before you turn the key!!!!
              I actually might still have the one that came off of my control box. Let me know if you're still in need of one.

Comment

I would be willing to bet the switch in the diagram is not the switch with the issue. Look underneath the hood, starboard side where the linkage for the throttle and shift cable are located. That's where the safety neutral switch is located that has been known to have issues. I have replaced 2.

Comment

Don't bypass the neutral switch

Originally posted by WEDOCQ View Post
                  I would be willing to bet the switch in the diagram is not the switch with the issue. Look underneath the hood, starboard side where the linkage for the throttle and shift cable are located. That's where the safety neutral switch is located that has been known to have issues. I have replaced 2.
                  Yep THATS IT--- ---
                  And you can not bypass it either.
                  Because although the motor is start fine, it thinks it is in NEUTRAL all the time and the rev limiter will not let it rev past 3000 rpm (OK to get home on)

Comment

how do you adjust neutral safety switch

a mechanic told me to try adjusting the switch 1st before i buy a new one. anyone have experience with this? my starboard 2006 DF 115 will only start after shifting back and forth wiggling the control, has an audible beep when it goes in and turn key on. otherwise silent on that motor. I don't want to get stuck on the water hoping it will start if i get it just right...Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by theharvester View Post
                      Where can you buy the switch?
                      there is one here: Suzuki Neutral Switch 37721 99E00 | eBay

Comment

Working...
                      X