Suzuki Oil Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki Oil Changes

I want to know if anyone is using a different 4 stroke oil than the Suzuki oil for Suzuki 4 stroke oil changes? The owners manual is saying to use 10w - 40 Suzuki oil. But, the local dealers are completely out of stock. There is one dealer that wants 8.50 a quart. I need 17 qts. Compared to a Mobil one oil that is 4.50 at Wally world.

Or I have been looking at Mercury 4 stroke oil semi syn (20w/50). Has anyone been this?

Thank you in advance.

I also had the same problem.My local dealer was out of oil,they said Suzuki was testing their oil and they would not have any until April.Sorta makes me wonder what was wrong with the oil I had been using.They are also a Tohatsu dealer and they tried to sell me that oil in place of Suzuki oil as that is what they were using in the shop.(don't know if they were telling customers or not) Anyway,as long as the oil meets Suzukis requirements they said I could use it. I used Quicksilver 4-stroke oil I picked up at Academy.It was 6.50 a quart.

Comment

This is Suzuki recommendation on oil.
      We suggest that customers use genuine Suzuki 4 Cycle Engine Oil. We feel our oil is the best available on the market today. Our oils are formulated to provide superior lubrication and protection for internal engine parts in the harsh marine environment. Suzuki oil meets the National Marine Manufacturer Association (NMMA) Four Cycle Water Cooled (FC-W) standards. The actual oil recommendation is: SAE or NMMA FC-W 10W-40 (operating in temps from 14 degrees to over 100 degrees F) or 10W-30 (operating in temps from -4 degrees to 86 degrees F) API or NMMA FC-W Classification SE,SF,SG,SJ. For temps below -15 degrees F use SAE or NMMA FC-W 5W-30.
      Regards
      Boats.net
      Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

I know what the manual says, and have been using Suzuki oil for the past three years. But, When you cannot find it at your local dealers or online anywhere. There is a problem. Many or all of the dealers said, That they will receive Suzuki oil back in around mid April. Is this correct? I know that Mutol and Suzuki are working something together for Suzuki's lubricants.

What other oils can I use?

Comment

Look for oil with those classifications that is NMEA FC-W certified, any of other outboard manufacture(they all carry the FC-W certification) oil is ok if in 10w30 or 10w40.
          Regards
          Boats.net
          Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
          X