DT225 Shift Cables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT225 Shift Cables

Last year I satrted having issues with my DT225 not going easily into fwd or rev easily during the cold months...april/may and sept/oct...seemed to do ok during the summer here in NY. When I take the pin out of the shifter rod at the lower unit ...the shaft seems to extend and retract properly with no increased force at the throttles. With the lower unit in my lap I can extend and push the linkage in and out with about 10-15 pounds of force. Don't know what is normal. How much up and down travel should the upper push rod have? Not sure it this is a throttle problem or a cable problem or a lower unit issue...any help would be appreciated

225 DT shifter problem

Originally posted by seaox230c View Post
    Last year I satrted having issues with my DT225 not going easily into fwd or rev easily during the cold months...april/may and sept/oct...seemed to do ok during the summer here in NY. When I take the pin out of the shifter rod at the lower unit ...the shaft seems to extend and retract properly with no increased force at the throttles. With the lower unit in my lap I can extend and push the linkage in and out with about 10-15 pounds of force. Don't know what is normal. How much up and down travel should the upper push rod have? Not sure it this is a throttle problem or a cable problem or a lower unit issue...any help would be appreciated
    Seaox,
    I'm starting to have the same problem.Did you ever find a solution?

Comment

Seaox,
      I'm starting to have the same problem.Did you ever find a solution?

Comment

It was multiple problems..the stiffness was due to old/bad cables...even though when disconnected at the engine they were very smooth..when connected they were stiff. After the new cables were installed it would shift smoothly and easily and I would still clunk in and out of gear in reverse no matter what adjustments were made. It was the gears themselves that were worn out and after new reverse gears...its all smooth and stays in the gear selected. The cables were the easiest/cheapest part of the whole fiasco...couple of hundred bucks including labor

Comment

Working...
        X