Power Tilt Trim Problem DF 140

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Tilt Trim Problem DF 140

I have a 2003 Suzuki DF140. The tilt/trim is starting to act up. If I start let it sit a day or so without using it, The tilt and trim will be very slow until I fully trim it down and let the trim motor fun frreely once is gets at the bottom or I can just go up all the way ant let it run for a few seconds. Then the unit seems to work fine until I wait a few hours to days. It seems like it is getting quite worse as time goes on. I The electric motor seems very slow itself when I first start using it. I checked the wiring and terminals on the battery for loose connections. Sometimes I have to hit the switch a couple times before it will start moving but I can hear the solenoid clicking. Like I said these problems only happen when there is longer period of nonoperation. Like 6 hours to a few days. Do you think this would be motor related? I am thinking it may be the brushes in the motor. Can you remove the motor without taking off the pump cylinder assembly, it says to do this in the manual but does not look like it is totally necessary. Thanks

Sounds like your motor is going bad
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Disconnect your battery, or pull your PTT fuse. Take the green and blue wires loose from the PTT relays, noting that the blue wire should be in the top relay. Get a couple of wires with alligator clips on both ends. Try connecting the wires to a stand alone twelve volt battery. Reverse the wires and the motor should run in the opposite direction. At least you will be able to determine if the motor is good.

Hope you get it resolved.

Comment

Working...
      X