intermittent starting problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• intermittent starting problems

I have a DF70 2001. I had this problem for the last few years and no authorized dealer within 50 miles can fix it. Most of the time after running the engine, I'll stop to fish. After 10 minutes or more I'll try and start the engine and it will not start for sometimes as long as 15 minutes. Very dangerous in the Pacific ocean. When it does start it start on a dime with no smoke. I've taken it to two dealer and neither can reproduce this event. Anyone had this problem? If so, what was the fix? Thanks Richard81

I was having some of the same issues with my DF140. It'd start and run great for half the day and then it began having issues that continued to deteriorate over the next year. It got to where if I turned off the switch after running for 30 minutes or so, I would have to wait an hour sometimes even longer before it'd start. Turned out to be a bad spot in my wire harness. I replaced it as it had a few tears in it (the plastic wrap) that was allowing the wires to get wet. I never saw a bad spot in the exposed wires, but it never returned afterward. Owwie $400+ for my harness.......

Comment

Thanks Briscoe, The harness
      maybe the problem. I'll check it out

Comment

Did you pump the priming bulb up to be sure the engine had fuel, and was not vapor locked? If so, it sounds like an electrical problem caused by the heat soak of one of the electrical components.

Comment

Working...
        X