suzuki 140 four stroke troublesssss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suzuki 140 four stroke troublesssss

Hi there... i'm italian and my english is very poor and full of mistaken.... so be patience and try to understand the picture of the problem come out with this boat... i have a power cat (just buy it) powered with two zukies 140.....
    The engine are 2005 and one have 350h and the other 400..... since i got the boat i have this problem... ( the previous owner say that this never appen to him.... hummmm???) the engine start nice and run superb but every time i come down with the speed and put them in neutral one of them cut off and will not start again.... every thing are ok but the starter do not swing........ I try to find the solution but not good luck... try this try thet finaly i find the way to bypass the problem doing that: swich of the other engine too and then start them again.... the engine that cut off need a little more gas to start so i just disingage the gear and push the trottle up a little bit.... yesterday this escamotage do not susside....
    the starter motor of the same engine that usualy cut of, make the same noice like when there is no power in the battery 'nuff to start the motor... but the battery are full.... i live in the grenadines and there is no dealer for suzuki as yet.... Aiuto help socorro
    Maurizio

Sounds like you loosing voltage to engine, bad battery, bad battery cables, loose or dirty battery cable connections at motor or at battery. If you have a volt meter check battery voltage is 12 volts at battery and check voltage at engine, should have 12 volts at engine and at least 10 volts when starter is engaged.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Originally posted by caraibico58 View Post
      Hi there... i'm italian and my english is very poor and full of mistaken.... so be patience and try to understand the picture of the problem come out with this boat... i have a power cat (just buy it) powered with two zukies 140.....
      The engine are 2005 and one have 350h and the other 400..... since i got the boat i have this problem... ( the previous owner say that this never appen to him.... hummmm???) the engine start nice and run superb but every time i come down with the speed and put them in neutral one of them cut off and will not start again.... every thing are ok but the starter do not swing........ I try to find the solution but not good luck... try this try thet finaly i find the way to bypass the problem doing that: swich of the other engine too and then start them again.... the engine that cut off need a little more gas to start so i just disingage the gear and push the trottle up a little bit.... yesterday this escamotage do not susside....
      the starter motor of the same engine that usualy cut of, make the same noice like when there is no power in the battery 'nuff to start the motor... but the battery are full.... i live in the grenadines and there is no dealer for suzuki as yet.... Aiuto help socorro
      Maurizio
      change the high pressue fuel filter. that will fix the problem

Comment

Working...
      X