Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 150 - No start

Hey guys,
    I just brought my TJ Offshore home and have been completing the addition of the radar, 2 sonar units and a few other things that required making some new battery connections.
    A few days ago I went to start the engines (5 hrs on each) only to find my starboard engine won't start. I did notice that the corresponding Suzuki tach now flashes the check engine light in a 2 / 4 sequence along with an audible alarm. R
    Reading a thread online lead me to look at my electrical connections. when I checked them closely I noticed that one connection had been broken in my wiring process. I am uncertain as too which wire it was but it wasn't one that I had made. meaning it was likely a motor connection.
    I completed the repair but to no avail. Nothing changed. The port Engine still starts well and runs nicely. The other one - not so much.
    I have since read that the 2 / 4 sequence is a code for CKP or the crankshaft positioning sensor. Is this true and does it require replacement? (Still new) or how do I go about resetting it? Is this something I might be capable of repairing or is a shop visit required?
    I suspect a good shop manual might be in order. Do the manuals identify these codes?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Running on one is no fun!

The manuals do tell you about the codes.
    The sensor can't be reset it would need replaced.

Comment

As it turns out it wasn't anything to do with the sensor but was the neutral start switch. after working over the phone with Traveland RV & Marine we finally concluded it wasn't the sensor or any fuses so must be the neutral start switch. After a simple adjustment it fired up fine and is continuing to start fine. I'll know for next time. hopefully this experience will help others out there.

Cheers,

Graham

Comment

Working...
      X