df 140

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• df 140

hi all i have a problem with the engine warning light staying on it is flashing 3 -2
    manual saying that it is a MAP sensor prob changed sensor checked hole not blocked .
    Also been suggested that bat terminals are loose but they tight motor runs fine, it is good on fuel it is not the 100 hour oil change warning reset.

Any other ideas

regards graeme

It detecting no pressure changes in manifold when engine is running, may be an intake manifold vacumn leak if the hole under MAP sensor is not plugged up.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Df 140

Sounds like the road I have been down myself. I changed the Map Sensor, but prior to changing it I checked the Map Sensor with the vacuum gauge and it was OK. No problems with the little hole for the Map sensor in the Intake. I did find a hole in the oil pan where the Exhaust leaked out and I patched that for now. I still have a MAP sensor light come on from time to time while I am out on the lake. I wish I had another computer to put on the motor just to see if it was that. Seems like the Map Sensor is a big issue for the Suzuki motors that are exposed to the Salt water. Everything was checked on the Suzuki boat repair man's computer as it just showed the Map Sensor code. My issue was on my DF 90, but sounds like the same issue. Is your DF 140 a salt water motor?

Comment

map sensor

I am having the same problem with my suzuki 140. I had the IAC valve replaced and still have the 32 code. Next is getting a new MAP sensor but 233 dollars isnt cheap. anyone have any other suggestions b4 buying new sensor. Boat dies when idling and idles very ruff. 32 check engine sequence only comes on after boat has warmed up and coming off plane to idling

Comment

map

I replaced both sensors and still got error 3-2. Reset idle speed as instructed by the manual error disapeared

Comment

I have a 2004 df140 w/ 218 hrs on it. I was having the same problem. The engine was running terrible at idle and I was getting the 32 code. The strange thing was that I only had the problem when the engine was in the water. I tried to get it to act up in the yard with ears hooked up to the motor and it ran perfectly. Took it to the local dealer and explained the problem and mentioned that it only acted up in the water. The tech instantly knew what it was... To the left of my oil dipstick there is a plug screwed in to the exhaust chamber. The tech went straight to it and found corrosion and a hole the size of a pencil eaten thru the metal. The heat had already melted the gasket and had started melting the main wiring harness. The dealer gave me a customer service number for Suzuki and asked me to raise hell because this is a very common problem. At $2000 this should be an issue that is recalled because the new engine cradle does not have the plug installed. Obviously Suzuki realizes that there was a design flaw. Hope this helps...good luck!

Comment

Working...
            X