DF250 will not do anything

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF250 will not do anything

Looking for some suggestions. I have twin DF250's 05 models. I had electrical connection (at batteries) problems a couple of weeks and have repaired all connections. My port motor kept going out from this. Now my starboard motor will not crank. I have correct voltage at the starter. Looking for some ideas to move on to. I have checked all connections at the switch and have glanced at the motor connections.
    TEAM FATBOY

It sounds similar to a problem I have had recently. Obviously we can't be certain but it is worth checking. I just brought home my new boat with twin 150's. It is brand new but one motor wouldn't start. After many calls to the dealership and after checking all connections and fuses we finally discovered that the one motor was not shifting to neutral correctly. Even tho the controls indicated neutral the engine was not.
    By leaving the control in neutral and having my wife turn the prop shaft I would then shift it into gear. The prop shaft would then engage and stop turning and I would then shift back to neutral & I would be able to start the engine. Once started I would shift into gear and then back to neutral. Once again it wouldn't start. We repeated this process several times to confirm.
    I blew the grease out of the neutral switch with automotive brake cleaner in case it may have caused the issue. After testing I discovered it wasn't the grease but a couple of small adjustments to the switch and we had it.
    If you've checked your battery connections and all of your fuses at the batteries and on your motor this may well be the cause.

Good luck with your hunt. Persistence does pay off.

Graham

Comment

Thanks Graham. I have moved the throttle back and forth but never checked the prop. Boat is at mechanic now. I am going to swing by there today and check that out.
      TEAM FATBOY

Comment

Working...
      X