Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suzuki dt 140 please help

Hey,
    I have a 1985 suzuki dt 140 I recently got on boats.net and talked to three of their parts spe******ts and followed the prop finder instructions. I correctly ordered the solas rubex prop and 110 hub kit for the boat. I went to install all these things and immediatly had problems. The first problem was the thrust washer which did not fit snug into the engine it seemed to big. then i put the prop on and it seemed to long for the shaft leaving no splines out for the aft washer which had to sit on threads. I fear that if I ran this engine with these parts it would end up permanently damaging the motor. I need some assistance please help.
    Thank you very much,
    Wes Persinger

prop

sounds like you have the wrong prop or motor.check back with them on model/serial no..

Comment

I checked that it's the 13 tooth spline dt 140 1983 to present or something like that and it just absolutely seems like the wrong prop lol.

Comment

I have checked several different websites and they still list the solas rubex as a compliant prop for the 1985 suzuki dt 140 13 spline engine. I am not quite sure what the problem is, but the helpful tech's at boats.net told me I need to get on this forum. Also once the engine starts, and it starts really good it does not want to shut off. I end up having to choke it out the turn off switch doesn't seem to work as well as the kill switch.

Comment

prop

Is it possible there is still a flat washer or spacer left inside?

Comment

there is a forward thrust washer on from the first prop and I took it off to put the new forward thrust on, but it dosen't fit snug enough in the engine it actually only fits on the prop. the other forward thrust fits perfect for the engine, but it won't fit in the new prop snug.

Comment

Working...
            X