Vapor Lock on 2006 225HP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vapor Lock on 2006 225HP

I believe I'm experiencing vapor lock issues with my 225HP. When I take off after stopping for an hour or so, the engines starts fine but stalls after taking off. I have to prime the primer bulb and then it will run fine until the next stop. This only occurs when the engine is hot. If I start the engine and then prime the bulb to firm, I don't experience the problem. I never experience the problem when I first leave the dock. Only after running the engine for 45 min to an hour and then stop for an extended period (45min to hour). I contacted Suzuki and they have not seen this problem on the higher HP engines. Any suggestions on what is causing the problem and how to fix?

Suzuki DF vapor lock

Suzuki has a known problem. They probably are not being truthful with you!

I'd bet Vapor lock in the fuel hoses under the engine cowling is the problem. It happens frequently with many of the DF series of Zuki motors. Happens mainly in hot temps.
    Good luck getting it fixed. It is a known problem to Suzuki, and they have a fix for it, the addition of an electric fuel pump. Call customer support at 714-512-1490.

Hope this info is of some value to you!
    However, Suzuki Customer support is known as the absolute WORST in the world! They really don't care about their customers.

Comment

Working...
    X