Intermiten starting Issue 115 Four Stroke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intermiten starting Issue 115 Four Stroke

I have a 2008 115 Four Stroke- has just started to have an issue starting.

Engine will start fine on cold start everytime. I always turn the key and wait for the buzzer to stop and then turn key to start. Problem is sometimes may be 4 to 8 times durring a 6 hr period it just turns over but does not fire. Turn key back off and wait for the buzzer to go off and it starts right up.

It runs fine at all rpm's. 75% of the time it starts without an issue. I drift fish alot so I probably start it 25 or 30 times a day. I have had it happen all 4 times it has been overboard this year. It did happen twice last season (November 2010)

Any ideas as to what could cause this? Thank you in advance.

chasjas,

I just posted a similar question concerning my DF150. I don't see any replies to your thread. Was there any feedback?

Comment

No, you are the only one who has replied. It is very distrubing to have such a problem. Some day it might not start at all. Please post if you have any response.

Comment

On my engine i had random starting problem.
        On suzuki there is a white wire from the ecu of the engine. This wire is the alimentation of the ecu of the engine. When you start the engine if the voltage on the wire drop down the ecu can do his job and the engine will not start.
        On the installation manual of suzuki there is written to plug the withe wire directly to the battery.

Comment

Working...
        X