DF150 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF150 question

I recently purchased a 2007 Triton 220 LTS with a 2007 Suzuki DF150 4-stroke. Routine maintenance and an engine diagnostic were completed by an authorized dealership as part of the purchase agreement. I have had the boat out about 10 times and experienced the following issue twice: after running for an extended period at ~5500 rpm, then turning off the motor, when I try to restart, the engine turns over but will not fire. It seems as if the engine is flooded (it is EFI). Repeated attempts to start the engine do not work. If I let the engine sit for a little while, 5-10 mins or so, then it will fire up. Besides this issue the motor has started fine (when I first put the boat in the water), gets on plane quickly, has excellent throttle response, etc. The outboard has ~25 hours on it (previsou owner did not use the boat much).

The second time this happened I pumped the hand bulb (yes it has one even though it is EFI) on the gas line and it had no effect. The bulb was not "hard" as I would typically expect from a primed bulb.

Any suggestions or comments (or additional questions) would be appreciated. Thanks!

Are you using bio fuel

Comment

I am not using bio-fuel. I am using 87 octane "pump" gas with 10% ethanol and Star Tron stabilizer (using this brand of stabilizer simply becuase previous owner used it).

Comment

Working...
      X