2004 140DF - fuel showing up in oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 140DF - fuel showing up in oil

I have had an ongoing problem since first 200 hours with fuel getting into the crankcase. The dealer I purchased from said this was common at low RPM usage ( 1200-1600 range). Another dealer rep0laced fuel pump under warrantee, still did not correct problem. Now out of warrantee, the current dealer replaced the pressure regulator. Gas still seems to be getting into crankcase plus I now have a white sticky substance showing up on the dip stick. Any suggestions??

Have them run a compression and leak down test on cylinders. Test thermostats are working properly, check that rpm's at full throttle are within rpm range(better if on high side of range) and fuel system is ok.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

yes it is a problem not just your engine it seems to be a four stroke problem , making oil there can be many factors as put up by boats .net

Motor not getting to operating temp check thermostat (I WOULD BE CHECKING THIS TO SEE IF IT IS NOT JAMMED OPEN)

Over proped so as motor does not rev out and to much fuel in cylinders by passing rings

That white sticky substance sounds like water in oil ? HOW MUCH ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT .might be just engine is not getting hot enough to boil off water vapor

If doing a lot of trolling on way back to dock run at over 4500 rpm so motor gets to operating temp to boil off fuel in oil.

Do not use synthetic oil as it seems to be not be helpful use manufacturers recommend oil .Straight min oil

Do use ring free ( I THOUGHT IT WAS SNAKE OIL BULLSHIT) it is a yammy product but it works i have used it in df 140 it and fixed the problem that i was having .

Comment

Working...
      X