Suki DF70 Starting issue.....sometimes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suki DF70 Starting issue.....sometimes

Hi all, new to the site and heres my first question. I have recently purchased a new boat that came with a suzuki df70 4 stroke engine, year 1999. Had it surveyed before purchase and full service on receipt of purchase. It starts first turn and runs like a dream. However on 2 occassions it has been difficult to start.
    On the first occassion we were drift fishing and it was time to return to the start of the drift again. Tried to start , no joy, tried again , no joy, appeared to be plenty of battery power and first thoughts were fuel starvation. Anyway disconnected fuel line going into engine and bulb a squeeze - plenty of fuel. We then changed the supply...ie changed from the tank being used to the other tank and it starts first turn ? ? ? same fuel line, just different source.
    2nd time was last week, again finished drifting and time to return to port, turned key and again no joy. 1st thoughts change tank, but no joy this time. Again sounded like fuel starvation but again checked fuel line and seemed to be going to the engine block. Anyway flat calm conditions so went out to the boat well and lifted the hood, not sure why as not a lot we could do. Anyway looked at wee fuel filter just inside the hood and seemed to be plenty of fuel in it . So replaced the hood and was crossing the well back into boat when mate turned the key and it started ? ? ?
    It started 3 times after this , first time on each turn. Also started it 4 times at home since and started 1st time each time ? ?
    Took plugs out and look fine, relatively new anyway and gaps are correct.
    Really puzzled, seems like a fuel issue but may be loose connection ? ?(checked all obvious ones under hood and seem ok)
    Possible dodgy pipe ? ?
    Anyone any thoughts ? ? Engine runs like a dream and starts 99% of the time, just dont want the 1% when I really need it.
    Any info much appreciated.
    www.boat-angling-ireland.com

Anyone ? ? ?
    www.boat-angling-ireland.com

Comment

Working...
    X