Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suzuki DF250 stalling

I have a 2011 suzuki df250 only 50 hrs
    I have been having a problem with the motor stalling it has never happened on the trip to and from the fishing cabin, only when we leave to hit different fishing spots. About the time the boat gets on plane the engine stalls and dies, then I get 2 beeps, engine won’t start until I pump the primer bulb, it will then run great untill later when I stop and go again. and it may only do it one during a trip I have had the boat back to the dealer several times and as usual nothing shows on the computer. It doesn’t happen every time, the dealer thinks it could be a vapor lock situation. They have pressure tested the fuel line which was fine and replaced the fuel filters and the primer bulb, the boat ran great for about 5 other trips but it did it again on my last trip. Anybody else having this problem or know what could be causing this problem? I shouldn't be having this kinda problem with a new boat

vapor lock

I have been experiencing similar issues with my 225. I believe it is vapor lock. I've been using Ethanol and switched this week to Non-Ethanol to see if this cures the problem. Ethlanol is supposed to have a lower boiling point which can cause the gas to vaporize causing the vapor lock. I only have the problem after running an extended time (45 min) and then sit for (30 min).

I have read that if you let the engine idle for 5 min before shutting off this will help cool the engine. I will post in a couple of weeks on whether the non-ethanol gas solves my issue.

Comment

can you get Non-Ethanol fuel? I will be running my boat again next week I will let it cool down longer and see if that helps... thanks for your input let me know how it works for you

Comment

I'm having the exact same promblem with my 225. I also just started using different fuel, hopefully will solve the problem.

Comment

Df 250 2011

I just picked up a new engine and think theres a issue with it. I try to dock the boat and heres no way to bring the rpm s to 1000 from 800 it jumps to 1400 it sounds pickey but when your docking its a problem. I had the tech try to go from idle to 1000 and to 1200 smoothly but it goes from the idle detent 800rpms to 1300 then you can back it down. he said they all do this it jumps.
          Go figure anyone see this with your engine?

/

Comment

Originally posted by kevmat200 View Post
            can you get Non-Ethanol fuel? I will be running my boat again next week I will let it cool down longer and see if that helps... thanks for your input let me know how it works for you
            most marina's only have non ethanol fuel, if you can get it do it. its well worth the extra money. 1. ethanol is hygroscopy which means it attracts water which is fine in cars with a sealed pressurized system, but boats, snowmobiles, jetski's, lawn mowers, generators, atv's, motorcycles are all vented systems so ethanol fuel that sits for a few weeks starts to accumulate water and have phase separation where all the alcohol in the fuel collects water and sinks to the bottom of your tank so the next time you start up after this your pretty much running on straight alcohol. 2. you should actually get better gas milage with straight gasoline, not positive on the exact numbers but gasoline has about 20% more energy then ethanol does. 3. alcohol is known to dry out rubber so all your fuel line's and fuel pump diaphragm's get dry rot a lot faster and need replaced more often.

as for the vapor lock straight gasoline has a higher boiling point the ethanol fuel does so if that is your problem getting non ethanol fuel should help a lot. also letting the engine idle for a minute or two before shutting it off after a good run should help since the cooling system has s fuel cooler on it.

Comment

Vapor lock

I'd bet Vapor lock in the fuel hoses under the engine cowling is the problem. It happens frequently with many of the DF series of Zuki motors. Happens mainly in hot temps.
              Good luck getting it fixed. It is a known problem to Suzuki, and they have a fix for it, the addition of an electric fuel pump. Call customer support at 714-512-1490.

However, Suzuki Customer support is known as the absolute WORST in the world! They really don't care about their customers.

Comment

Originally posted by boxster964 View Post
                I just picked up a new engine and think theres a issue with it. I try to dock the boat and heres no way to bring the rpm s to 1000 from 800 it jumps to 1400 it sounds pickey but when your docking its a problem. I had the tech try to go from idle to 1000 and to 1200 smoothly but it goes from the idle detent 800rpms to 1300 then you can back it down. he said they all do this it jumps.
                Go figure anyone see this with your engine?

/
                talked to one of our customers who just purchased a new 2010 df300 with the digital controls and i asked him if he was having this problem he said not at all, told me he could move his throttle in about 50 rpm increments. i havent played with the new controls much on the suzuki's but there is an initial setup
                to them where you set the position of the throttle, mainly idle neutral- in forward gear idle- and forward gear WOT, then reverse idle and reverse WOT. they might need to re do this on yours

Comment

suzuki df250 stalling

Oh well they never could figure out what is causing the engine stalling after replacing fuel lines, filters, and the fuel pump the engine continues to stall.. the dealer where I purchased the boat is going to replace the motor with a yamaha 250 sho, hope that solves my problem...

Comment

Working...
                  X