Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF 200 Neutral Safety switch

ALL,

Need some quick help and perhaps an on line diagram that I simply can not find no matter how hard I look.
    I have a 2007 Suzuki DF200 installed on a center console Pro Kat. I'm positive that I am having a problem with the "neutral safety switch", but for the life of me I can not seem to find where it is located. I took the side cover off the throttle control and it appears that only wires are there for the PT&T. I was going to climb up under the console to see if it is located on the bottom of the throttle, but this is a ""very"" uncomfortabe spot to work, and one has to be nearly contorionist to get under neath. Or is it loacted on the linkage somehow inside the motor under the cowl?
    Questions are :

1) Is there a pictorial on line that I can view?
    2) Is there an easy adjustment?
    3) Is this switch just a simple 2 wire N.O. / N.C switch depending on position?

Thanks in advance for your help, my family and I appreciate your responses so we don't get stuck off shore 20+ miles...!

Regards,
    Dave

*** - hard to believe that 43 people have looked at my post and not one has replied to where I might locate either of these neutral safety starting switches....!!

Comment

yes theres one on the engine under the cowling, most likely tripped by the arm that the linkage is hooked to. if i remember tomorrow at work i'll look in the manual let you know exactly where and wire colors

Comment

Originally posted by hentree56 View Post
        yes theres one on the engine under the cowling, most likely tripped by the arm that the linkage is hooked to. if i remember tomorrow at work i'll look in the manual let you know exactly where and wire colors
        I second that even though mines a 2002 two-stroke. Located on the starboard side for me just forward of the throttle linkages. Activated by an arm on the linkage.

Comment

Thanks for the help with this - the problem is driving me nuts..!! I have looked down inside the motor, with a light , after the motor cowling was off and did not see the switch - it could also be that I am looking for a limit switch with an arm, when it is in fact a proximity sensor?? My guess is that the bottom of the motor cowling has got to come off to get at the linkage where it enters the motor housing to access it?? I've also heard that there is another one located under the shifter at the center console, If I could find the darn thing, I would put a toggle in parallel as work around to this, as this can be dangerous if I need to get out of the way (as we did yesterday with a big ferry!)
          Thanks again,
          Dave

Comment

does anyone know where I can locate a link on the internet with a pic?

Comment

Brownspointmarine.com has a great breakdown of every Suzuki model and quick shipping. Just bought a vessel with twin 250's 4strokes

Comment

Working...
              X