what propeler for df 150?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what propeler for df 150?

Hello every body! I am a new member from greece and i have a df 150 on a 20 foot offshore V hull.
    Whith 3x15x21 i have on wot 6350 - 42,5 knots (49 mph) and plane at 2800 - 13 knots (15 mph).
    I want lower plane speed and drop the wot rpm to 6000. Thanks (and sorry about my english)

Drop to a 19 pitch prop, it will improve hole shot and drop rpm's on top end.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Originally posted by harrisnasos View Post
      Hello every body! I am a new member from greece and i have a df 150 on a 20 foot offshore V hull.
      Whith 3x15x21 i have on wot 6350 - 42,5 knots (49 mph) and plane at 2800 - 13 knots (15 mph).
      I want lower plane speed and drop the wot rpm to 6000. Thanks (and sorry about my english)
      Geia sou patrioti!!!

Comment

Originally posted by panosz View Post
        Geia sou patrioti!!!
        Gia sou kai esena, an kai ta leme sto H.R.F.

Comment

Originally posted by boats.net View Post
          Drop to a 19 pitch prop, it will improve hole shot and drop rpm's on top end.
          Ok about hole shot, but the rpm's on top end will increase and i do not want it!!!

Comment

I usually figure about 300 -350 RPM per pitch change and it gets me pretty close. ( 1-pitch up = 300 - 350 RPM down, 1-pitch down = 300 - 350 RPM up)
            As for your plane speed I would tend to believe that weight and hull design are the greater factors involved.

Comment

Tspeck,

What you say is true. The higher the pitch the less rpm on top end. I do a lot of reading and mostly what I see listed is that the pitch changes only about 200 rpm. I have called a couple of prop manufactures and they agree on the 200 rpm and some even say 150-200 is a good area to factor when you are looking at changing a pitch of the prop. One thing that I am considering is IF I do change a pitch on my prop I want to make sure I can send the prop back if it does not do the job for me. If you do figure a higher RPM then just make sure you can return the prop and not get stuck with it.

Comment

Working...
              X