1998 dt140clx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1998 dt140clx

Initial problem: Ran fine last year, winterized, 1st time out, Idled fine, ran up to 2500 RPM the starved for fuel , had to pump ball to keep running. OK, here's where I'm at. I replaced the fuel/water seperator unit and filter, I replaced the bulb and hose, I checked the fuel filter in the engine, it was perfectly clean. I blew the lines back to the tank. I even did a compression check on the cylinders, 125 Lbs. on all four cylinders, (230 hours on the 1998 motor) Took it to the river and backed it down the ramp so bottom end submerged. It started on first turn of the key. idled fine. Put in forward gear, ran up to 2000 rpm fine, ran to 3000 rpm and thought I had fixed problem, then it stated to starve out, ball had collapsed. I pumped ball but couldn't get over 2500 and was starving out again. I pumped ball as fast as I could and got it to 3000 rpm but ball would not stay hard. It looks like the fuel pump. It has an electric pump as well. I don't know if I should remove all the screws from the front of the manual pump and check it out, or what to do. Can't really afford the $100/hr labor fee pluse the $120 or so for the pump.(went back to school full time for welding) What do you guys think. It just seems like the motor is in too good condition for the fuel pump to go out? Should I take apart the fuel pump?

you said the primer ball collapsed?? if your ball is collapsing your got a restriction on the fuel line before the ball. sometimes the anti syphon valve at the tank can get stuck and cause a restriction. if your bulb is collapsing i would guess that is your problem or the pickup in the tank is getting plugged up by crap in the tank

Comment

Working...
    X