04 df115 mind-bleep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 04 df115 mind-bleep

so i got a 2004 df115 i am working on that does something i hav never seen any engine do before. you can take it out on the water and run it up to 5k rpm leave the throttle there at wide open and after about 10 seconds it will start to slow down all the way to about 3800 rpm, with the throttle still at WOT. my original thought was one of the fuel filters was getting plugged up so we replaced all of them, including the little screen one in the bottom of the vst. customer took it back out on the water had the same problem again. brought it back to us and i put a fuel pressure tester to and and its holding strong at 38 psi with on key, was bleeding off a little more then i like with key off going down to about 25 psi in about 2 minutes( spec is 25 after 5 minutes) ran the engine held great at 36-40 psi through rpm range but after running turn off and pressure would drop to 0 immediately so sweet pressure regulator is not holding right so i changed out the new regulator tested it before installing and worked great tested old one with it out wouldnt even hold 5 psi but the longer i waited between testing it would pick up a few psi but thats beside the point. so i figure that had to be the problem, customer came pick up his boat and took it out same thing again.

when i went out with him and it did this is seemed like it was bogging down and had no power but it would idle fine. this is where i am at currently tomorrow i am gonna try swapping out injectors on it but just curious if any one else has some ideas or seen/heard of any other motor doing this?

also to add to this i ran it on suzuki diagnostics while on the test run on the water and no codes are coming up and all number look to be where they should be, compression check on engine was 175,180,175,185. motor has 456 hours on it and owner has perfect maintenance on it since he uses it for search and rescue up here in alaska

Comment

Working...
    X