DF140 stalls after cranking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF140 stalls after cranking

Hello , I just found this forum and hope somebody can help me with issue. I took the boat out the other day and idling away from ramp until I made it to the channel at that point I gave it some throttle and boat died so had to get towed back to ramp. Since then I have changed the fuel/water seperator and primer ball. Went to start motor and it just die's after running for a second or so. Boat did sit up for a few months so I did a upper and lowr oil change. Drained fuel / water seperator to check for water in gas and everything looked good and gas smelled normal but boat just stalled out. Any help will be greatly appreciated so I can get back on the water catching some fish.

I suppose you checked the low pressure fuel filter and it looked clear? I had some issues with my DF140 when it was fairly new because of some issues with tank float where the ethanol was melting something and clogged my injectors. Mine would start and run low rpm's but would not rev enough to plane. It was covered under warranty and they cleaned/changed the injectors and I have never had another issue.

I hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
    X