1999 DT150 Oil Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1999 DT150 Oil Light

I would like to apologize in advance if this is a duplicate post. I went through 14 pages of posts and didn't see this topic. Actually there are 2 topics.
    First is the little round oil indicator light is on on my guage. If I am reading my book correctly, I believe it is related to the oil flow sensor. Is that correct? and I just noticed a large amount of unburned 2 stroke oil coming from the foot of the motor. IT is dripping from the cavitation plate onto the prop, but only when the engine is running, oil level in the resevoir does not change when sitting unused. Could these be related?

Second question: Is it possible to change the trim/tilt motor without removing the engine from the boat?
    Last edited by backwoods; 06-28-2011, 10:38 PM.

DT 150 questions

no information on question #1.

Question #2, however I can address. Yes it can be done with qualifications. Those qualifications are make sure you have the weight of the powerhead supported COMPLETELY!

1.) What i've done is to tip up the motor (use the relief procedure to lift manually)
    2.) Support and stabilize the the power head using a chain fall or ratchet hoist/come along to the rear lifting lug.
    3.) Disconnect and remove the TNT wiring from the lower cover access hole/grommet. 4.) Remove any steering apparatus from the starboard side of the tilt tube.
    5.) Remove the thru transom mounting bolts (2) starboard side
    6.) Remove the starboard side retaining bolts from transom bracket to tilt n trim unit - if boat has seen salt water use there will be at least one that will break!
    7.) wiggle/pry off the starboard bracket and set aside ( the tilt/stearing mounting tube will stay in place.
    8.) remove the three bolts that retain the pump motor to pump assembly.
    9.) lift out the motor. there is a thin o ring that seals the motor to the pump assembly, when you remove the motor you expose the top of the reservoir and there will be oil that will leak out.
    20.) Reverse these steps to reinstall.
    21.) Refill TNT Reservoir

Comment

Working...
    X