This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Repower, twin 200apx Contender 28'

Thought I'd join in on the fun. Just installed twin 200apx with digital controls. Could not be happier. Second trip out was an overnight 90 miles out. Had a blast.

Last edited by Bar_Stroll; 09-01-2016, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Norrisga, where near beaufort, s.c. (where I launch from).

Comment

Some nice mahi-mahi caught yesterday on my RDO.

Was out with my friend on his Striper 2301/Suzuki DF300. A good run to shake the boat down after some recent upgrades/repairs to the plumbing etc prior to our trip to 1770 in a few week's time.

The in-possession limit for these is 5 per person so we bagged out with 10 fish.
        All taken using live scad for bait.

There is a wave monitoring buoy anchored in about 65m of water 15km E of Pt Lookout on Nth Stradbroke Island, coast of Queensland, which is about an hour's run from our local boat ramp at Cleveland.

The dollies hang around this structure frequently but are often spooked by multiple boats chasing them. But, fishing on a Monday, we had the place to ourselves and they were hungry!

Seas were so smooth we came home at 30+ knots all the way, and barely slowed down to cross the South Passage Bar to get back into the Bay. Back to the ramp in just over 45 minutes.

The big Zuke just purred along at 4200rpm all the way. Economy about 1.24 km/litre at that speed, so pretty good.

Last edited by Moonlighter; 09-13-2016, 01:55 AM.

Comment

Here is mine 2015 Nautic Star 214 xts shallow bay 200 suk
          Attached Files

Comment

Here is me and my boys in Rockport having a ball.
            Attached Files

Comment

Fall Chinook fishing Oregon coast
              Art

Last edited by artdf175; 10-09-2016, 06:26 PM. Reason: Photo

Comment

Nice king, Art.
                Mike
                μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

1997 wildfire 120
                  Suzuki dt115
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by zhogar00 View Post
                    1997 wildfire 120
                    Suzuki dt115
                    Very cool! I bet that gets along with the 115!

Comment

Recent trip with our fishing club to a town on the Queensland coast. Towns name is "1770" due to Capt Cook landing there in that year on his voyage to discover Australia.

Its the closest point to where we live to fish the southern section of the Great Barrier Reef. Which, contrary to many greatly exaggerated reports, is far from deceased! What a load of BS fuelled by mad greenies!!

We fished out of my mate Rod's Seaswirl Striper 2301 cuddy that he imported from the US a few years ago when the US economy was in a bad way and the Aussie $ was at parity with the US$. He upgraded the Yammy 250 hpdi that it came with (and went "bang" after 18 months) with a DF300 Suzuki. Goes really well, does around 40kn WOT.

We averaged about 1.1km per litre. It is about 50-70km out from 1770 to the Capricorn Bunker group of reefs where we fish.

Rod is in the 2nd and third pics with a red bass (have to be released due to being a known ciguatera poison carrier) and then his PB red emperor (Lutjanus sebae) which are an absolutely top class eating fish.

That's me in the first pic with a smaller 9kg model.

Last edited by Moonlighter; 10-17-2016, 03:04 AM.

Comment

Good report.. great pictures..
                        one of these years, I am coming down and going fishing with you!!
                        Art..

Comment

Love those Red Emperors, Grant. Look really yummy!
                          Mike
                          μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Grant
                            Great fish. Is it in bass family, must be good table fare.

Comment

Originally posted by bassyac View Post
                              Grant
                              Great fish. Is it in bass family, must be good table fare.
                              Hey John!

The red bass is unfortunately a known ciguatera toxin carrier, and is on the "do not keep or eat" list. They fight hard, look great but have to be released under our fisheries rules.

If you've not heard of ciguatera poisoning, google it and you will see that it is not something you want to risk getting!

Cheers

Grant

Comment

Suzuki 250 2015 -146 lb tuna.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X